Hi Dag

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've noticed a problem with asciidoc where CSS id's are being corrupted
> in the HTML output when we create a document attribute with the name id.
>
> Since our asciidoc document is in subversion, we use document attributes
> for holding the $Id$ information from subversion, like:
>
>       = Subversion server configuration
>       :author: Dag Wieers
>       :email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       :version: $Revision: 26 $
>       :date: $Date: 2007-07-11 11:55:53 +0200 (Wed, 11 Jul 2007) $
>       :initial date: 06-07-2007
>       :id: $Id: subversion-config.txt 26 2007-07-11 09:55:53Z dag $
>
> This way we can use that information in documentation as well. However,
> doing this corrupts the generated HTML output, eg:

>       <a id="$Id: subversion-config.txt 26 2007-07-11 09:55:53Z dag $"></a>

A global attribute named id is used internally by asciidoc as the
current BlockId and is normally set by the BlockId element
(http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/userguide.html#X41). The id attribute
  is used to generate block anchors in the outputted markup.

Use another attribute name e.g. subversion_id and the problem should go
away.

> This is very unexpected and I do not see a point where being able to
> change _all_ the ids makes any sense. But maybe using the same namespace
> for document attributes and output variables have any use ?
>
> Still I would like to make sure this behaviour is intentional and not an
> programmer's oversight :)
>
> Thanks for listening.
> --   dag wieers,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
> [all I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power]

Cheers, Stuart