Like some others, I have had problems generating a TOC with the
command:

asciidoc -a toc -a numbered  <input file>

This generates a nicely formatted page, but with a blank Table of
Contents (just the line 'Table of Contents' with no visible ToC.
I've tested in Konqueror, Firefox, and Opera, all with Javascript as
enabled as possible, and no Toc.

I can see that there is considerable ToC Javascript embedded in the
page, but it's not being rendered.

Is there anything else that can force generation of the Visible ToC?

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824 0084(o), 949 285 4487(c)