Hi Erich

Erich Hoffmann wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm new to asciidoc 8.1.0.  This is a slackware 11.0.  But I tested
> it on a SuSe 10.1.  I googled and searched the documentation and the
> list archive in vain for the following:
>
> Trying to use the "outdir" attribute to direct my output do another
> directory in several ways: Inserting the line
>
> :outdir:      /Out/dir
>
> on top of the document (as above or /Out/dir/ with closing /), then as
> --attribute=outdir=/Out/dir on the command line and inserting an
> outdir=/Out/dir into the asciidoc.conf.   It does not work.  There is no
> output with an information.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The outfile, outdir, infile, indir attributes are effectively read-only
-- you can change them but it will have no effect on the input or output
file paths. I've noted this in the documentation for the next release.
Change outdir using the --out-file command-line option (it defaults to
the same directory as the input file).

> Thanks for any help,
>
> erich

Cheers, Stuart