On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:10:44PM +0100, Erich Hoffmann wrote:
> I am more or less a newbie to all this, just interested in the problem,
> excuse me if I'll be talking nonsense.  Just a try.

OK, thanks.

>    Perhaps the problem is in the source code of your input or in the
> communication between your editor and asciidoc.

There's a minimal example here:

        http://www.fieldses.org/~bfields/asciidoc-example/

complete with Makefile showing how I'm producing the thing.

Hm, it's substiting some weird nonbreaking space character for spaces in
the title for some reason, which looks terrible at least on my browser.

>    What is your editor (I'm using vim here),

vim

> and what is the
> encoding of your editor? (Here it is iso-8859-1, just as in your
> git-user-manual.html.)

I don't know; how do I find out?  From the commandline:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"