Hi,

We've noticed a problem with asciidoc where CSS id's are being corrupted
in the HTML output when we create a document attribute with the name id.

Since our asciidoc document is in subversion, we use document attributes
for holding the $Id$ information from subversion, like:

        = Subversion server configuration
        :author: Dag Wieers
        :email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        :version: $Revision: 26 $
        :date: $Date: 2007-07-11 11:55:53 +0200 (Wed, 11 Jul 2007) $
        :initial date: 06-07-2007
        :id: $Id: subversion-config.txt 26 2007-07-11 09:55:53Z dag $

This way we can use that information in documentation as well. However,
doing this corrupts the generated HTML output, eg:

        <a id="$Id: subversion-config.txt 26 2007-07-11 09:55:53Z dag $"></a>

This is very unexpected and I do not see a point where being able to
change _all_ the ids makes any sense. But maybe using the same namespace
for document attributes and output variables have any use ?

Still I would like to make sure this behaviour is intentional and not an
programmer's oversight :)

Thanks for listening.
--   dag wieers,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://dag.wieers.com/   --