Hi Maureen,

First just a note, this is the ML for the Asciidoc Python
implementation, the Asciidoctor queries should go to the places listed
in https://asciidoctor.org/#getting-help.

Also it sounds to me like you are using some tool other than straight
Asciidoctor since you have a preview.  Since that tool and the Docbook
toolchains process Asciidoc differently its not likely that they will
have the same exact line breaks.

I know some Asciidoctor experts also monitor this list so maybe they
can give more specific suggestions, but usually line breaks are
controlled by the toolchains.

Cheers
Lex