On 6/10/11 00:57 , Faré wrote:

> Please try 2.016.1 and see if it satisfies you.

Yes, that works for [ABCL and I have pushed][1].

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13319

> Pathnames are a big FAIL of CL.

So thinks Stellian as well, so IOLIB tries to get away from. I admire CL Pathnames given the different types of abstractions that early 1980s filesystems had to normalize, but certainly that is scant consolation for dealing with them in the 2010s. Certainly it seems that the behavior of COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME not matching expectations of MERGE-PATHNAMES is a CL FAIL. With a little more specification on how to handle the implementation-specific parts, I think things would be better off. At this point, the code of ASDF2 for handling these differences is probably the most advanced--and widely tested--stab at such abstraction. It some point in the future one might consider breaking it out into a separate library, as it would undoubtedly have wide utility outside of ASDF.

Thanks again for the help,
Mark

is nothing to compare to it now."