On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgold...@sift.info> wrote:
> I still see these "dependency not done" warnings in test-bundle on SBCL and
> other implementations (I haven't checked them all, but at least my big
> three: SBCL, Allegro, and CCL).

I can see them too.

> This seems like a bug somewhere, right? And it must be an ASDF bug, probably
> in the definition of LOAD-OP for bundles.

I believe it's all due to this method:

  (defmethod mark-operation-done :after ((o load-bundle-op) (c system))
    (mark-operation-done (find-operation o 'load-op) c)))

Said method should probably somehow hush these specific warnings,
or first recurse into all dependencies and mark them done, or be removed.
You decide.

While it's indeed a cosmetic bug to issue the warning,
I believe the underlying logic is sound.

> So, even after the last email, I'm inclined to hold up a release until I
> understand this bug and kill it.

Toleration is not about respecting other people's ideas.
We have every right to fight ideas we think are stupid.
Toleration is about respecting other people's persons.
We have every duty to respect even persons we think are stupid.
                — Faré