On 3 Jul 2021, at 12:46, Robert Goldman wrote:

On 3 Jul 2021, at 11:56, Eric Timmons wrote:

"Robert Goldman" <rpgold...@sift.info> writes:

Is anyone out there willing and able to build the Debian library for
3.3.5?  It's not something I am able to do myself.

Eric T -- is there any chance we could put the Debian build process into
the CI?

Yeah, that should be possible. How is it built? I saw a debian-package target in the Makefile, but near as I can tell it doesn't do anything.

To me it looks like the Debian building process got moved into `tools/release.lisp` and not restored when I rolled back to using the shell and `Makefile` (I was never able to get the lisp scripting code to work reliably for me, nor could I figure out how to debug it).

I can see if I can de-lisp it for the moment and put it back in the top level `Makefile`.

I had a shot at it, and I don't have a great understanding of how to write a Makefile. In the lisp code for the rule there's a bit of code that checks for a clean working directory that I have not been able to replicate (stuck dealing with the fact that a bash string has an extra space at the end (🤷🏻‍). I will commit this into a merge request, but it is *definitely* a work in progress. Maybe someone else can figure it out.