Do you have multiple versions of ASDF installed? e.g. one from Allegro and
another from your source-registry or system-registry ? ASDF always upgrades
itself first thing to avoid Big Problems otherwise.

If that's what you're experiencing, I recommend the right after you
(require "asdf") and configure it (if you do), you should explicitly
(asdf:upgrade-asdf) with whatever warning need be muffled, and then you'll
be good.

If there's more than that, please send instructions to reproduce the issue.

-#f