Hi,
    I have the following query regarding ObjectSet. ObjectSet's which are extensible are meant to be dynamic and can expan or contract. Consider the following ASN.1 spec -

TidSet-Class1 TYPE-IDENTIFIER ::= { obj1 | obj2 | obj3, ... }

TidSet-Class2 TYPE-IDENTIFIER ::= { obj10 | obj20 | obj30 }

TidSuperSet TYPE-IDENTIFIER ::= { TidSet-Class1 | TidSet-Class2 }

    Consider the ObjectSet - TidSuperSet (extensible from TidSet-Class1). There are certain doubts that I have on the dynamism of the ObjectSet.
  1. Is it possible to remove the object obj20 from TidSuperSet?
  2. If obj1 is removed from TidSet-Class1 is that change reflected in TidSuperSet as well?
  3. Can obj1 be removed from TidSuperSet without impact on TidSet-Class1 (from which it derives that object)
    My understanding of the above circumstances are as follow. Kindly clarify the same.
  1. No, since TidSet-Class2 is not extensbile, as TidSuperSet gets the object from the former.
  2. Yes, since obj1 is got by TidSuperSet thru TidSet-Class1, if the same is deleted there it must be here as well.
  3. No, similar inference as in point 2.
    I am not very confident with the above. Kindly clarify in this regard. Thanking you.

Yours Sincerely
Ramaswamy

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Synergy Infotech Private Limited and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have
been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended
recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for
delivering the information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any
use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. We have taken
precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we
advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this
message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software
viruses. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this
mail & notify us immediately at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]