De : [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]De la part de Ed Day
Envoyé : vendredi 23 janvier 2004 23:42
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : [ASN.1] Question on SIZE constraint syntax

Hi,

We have a question on size constraint syntax.  In the RANAP specification, the following declaration exists:

TransportLayerAddress    ::= BIT STRING (SIZE (1..160), ...)

According to X.680, an extensible size should be written as follows:

(SIZE (1..160,...))

We are wondering how the above definition should be treated.  X.680 Annex G gives several examples of extensible situations, but this one does not appear to be covered.  It would appear to us that in the case above, the ... is indicating that additional constraints can be added in the future and would not apply to the 1..160 range.  How should this be interpreted?

Regards,

Ed Day
Objective Systems, Inc.
REAL WORLD ASN.1 AND XML SOLUTIONS