Hi,

    In the X.690-0207 (BER Encoding Standard document), it is mentioned in clause 8.6.1 that - "The encoding of a bitstring value shall be either primitive or constructed at the option of the sender". Could someone kindly explain where the constructued format of bitstring is used in practice.

    I see some limitations in the above (but not sure if they are valid observations). Say if the bitstring were a field of a constructed type (not CHOICE), then how would it be possible to transmit a part of it and the rest as and when more data is available. I would like to get an understanding of practical usage of the above feature.

Thanking you

Yours Sincerely
Ramaswamy R

The world steps aside for the man who knows where he's going.

Disclaimer:

This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers. Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.