I'm sure I've answered this about 3 times now.

You are creating an ADO connection object called "cn". You're then
assigning a connection string value directly to the "cn" variable
instead of using the connection string to open the DB connection, so
when you try to use the Execute method of the "cn" connection object
it's no longer a connection object, but a string type variable holding
your connection string. You need to assign the connection string to a
*separate* variable and then pass that variable as a parameter to the
Open() method of the connection object.

dim cn
dim strConnString
Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; "
strConnString = strConnString & "DBQ=" &
Server.MapPath("/access_db/wecommerce.mdb")
cn.Open strConnString
'...
Sql = "update postpro set bids=" & hit & " where projectname='" & a &
"'"
cn.Execute sql
cn.close

Dan