hey Seetha!!!

its so simple.... wot eva server side technology you use... you should
understand the requirements....... well i've done it with ASP. but i dont have
actual source code... i had done it for my previous employer.... but i can tell
you the logic.... oks.. follow these steps.

1. Generate a random array.... define array length equal to the number of
questions your want to pick from the database... then store a random but unique
number in each element of the array.
2. now. fetch a recordset equal to the lent of the array you previously
generated.
3. Loop record set with For or while loop. and increase a variable index
linearly. ie. 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 so on.... now, display record one by one by
following this line of code:
    rsQuestions.Move randomArr(index)

this will fetch records in random order...i did it last year for an online
testing engine provider. this is so fine and perfect!!!!

i am sure this would help you alot.

if you still face prb plz feel free to ask!

Seetha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hai Keerthy!!!

Thanx for Ur guidance, but It is in ASP.NET. I m using ASP.
Can anybody help me to solve this.

Thanx in advance

Seetha

--- In AspClassicAnyQuestionIsOk@yahoogroups.com, Keerthy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Seetha,
>
> Hope this URL
> will get what u want.
>
> Bye,
> Keerthy
>
> --- Seetha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hai All!!!
> >
> > Can anyone teach me how to write an asp script to
> > randomly retrieve a
> > set of records from the database? I want to randomly
> > select  records
> > from a MS Access table and then display the table
> > contents on the
> > screen. So that the user will see different
> > questions each time when
> > they open the page.
> > And the second problem is how to resolve the problem
> > of duplicate items
> > since I will randomly select 4 records. Item 1 and
> > item 3 may be the
> > same record if I don't put any control on it.
> >
> > Thanx in Advance
> >
> > Seetha

> http://mail.yahoo.com

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]