I am all for this. Mangled names create problems with JPA and such.

I guess one issue to consider is what happens when two aspects want to
introduce a same-named field with a directive to not mangle, especially if
both aspects are from third-party libraries. This is quite unlikely to occur
in practice, but we may need to address it somehow. I wonder if the 'declare
precedence' can be an arbitrator here.

-Ramnivas