Hi Alex,

Thanks for pointing that out.  I can't believe I missed it.  I had
intentionally tried to disable the maven compiler using
-Dmaven.main.skip=true, but I must have forgotten to use it for this
attempt.

I'm still perturbed as to how to get CDI to inject an AJ aspect though.  I
cannot seem to find the magic solution (if one exists) to configure the
project such that I can get injections into my Aspect bean.  I'm using LTW
and realize that the lifecycle of the aspect is done via AJ and not through
CDI.  Nonetheless, in Spring, there is always the
SpringBeanAutowiringSupport utility that you can use to wire an existing
bean.  Do you know if there is anything equivalent in JEE to accomplish DI
in an Aspect?

Thanks,

Eric