Hi,

I am not an expert in US affairs - just like the rest of us but I feel that in India aid reaches a little bit faster since we do not follow traffic laws such as - no human transport in private trcuks or on top of bus roofs or at the back of pick up trcuks. There may be less buses in US - since public transport is less used due to lot of cars -- but there are lots of real big trucks and trailers which can be used to transport people.

But due to US laws no agency would hire them to do that - so just as Santanu-da was saying the other day - archaic laws and no corruption can sometimes be impediments to development -- the relief efforts in case of Katrina relief.

Umesh