>> IF that hurts Assam

>*** That is where the controversy lies. Obviously it is a debatable and debated subject. Some >wouldn't take a stand, yet would make vague charges against others who do. Why should the >people of Assam not be able to decide what hurts or what helps?  Why should anyone buy the >notion that Dilli or its apologists alone knows what is  best for Assam?

I meant (with my simplistic mind or explanation, as you would put) 'hurt' in the literal sense - like our discussion - does it stop employment, or does it kill innocent citizens - does it stop the ones living in Assam from starting a school for the poor - does it stop the fortunate ones living in Assam to set up a common tube-well in a village that he once belonged to? we can go on...

Dilli was not even in the picture here. Are we getting a little paranoid or defensive here? :)