Hi C'da: Thanks for your concern. We live in the north part of Houston - isolated from everybody else. :)

Though people were fleeing Houston, Ramgopal took the opposite route and came to Houston from Austin, (as if we are always "destined" to do the opposite to what others do ) as Nitin & I won't move from Houston. One of our biggest concerns were Caesar and Anthony - our two big dogs.

Ram's sister from India has been calling us from Tuesday night to go to our nephew's (her son) place in Dallas, before even I knew it was that serious. But he has a big dog too, so we thought unless it is an emergency :), we should keep the 3 'boy' dogs in separate houses - so we stayed back in Houston.

I guess if we have to, we will use the peanut butter, jelly and the other non-perishable food items that I had gathered for next week's collection by the volunteer center in our college for the Katrina victims.

Anyway, God heard our prayers (and I am writing this to you - about prayers?) and looks like it is going to be not as bad. We are starting to have heavier winds than normal already. But Iknow we will be okay and taking all the precautions that we can.

Utpal and Santanu, thanks so much for your invitation. We will take a rain-check :) for now and know that we have 3 choices now - 2 in Dallas (Santanu and Sanjeev in Dallas) and 1 in NJ (Utpal) to go if we still decide to leave town, and if some airlines will fly us :). Seriously, a big thank you to you both.

About boarding the windows, forget upstairs, I will be happy if Ram finishes the downstairs windows. He has his tool belt on and the tool-kit ready, but we will wait and see when he finishes. In the mean time, I have put duct tape on the glass windows.

Anyway, you get the picture of everybody now.

Thanks again for all of your concerns.

Regards,

- A.