From: Bidyut Kakati <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Oct 9, 2005 2:26 PM
Subject: Wrong interpretation
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bhubon and Maiki:

What Geeta talks is not same as Caste today, because caste today is by birth. Geeta did not talk of by birth but by virtue.

For example Parashar, Byash and Viswamitra did not have Brahmin parents (Manusamhita talks how they become Brahman). Similarly, Parasuram was not born to Kshyatriya parents.

So it was a wrong interpretation to say "
God created the caste system" - if you compare with today's cast system.

My two cents :)