Ram:
>Of course we answer your questions -straight.
*** Okkay! You may be right. I don't read English all that well.
Must be that damned ESL problem, you know?
So, what were your answers to the following again?
**** Interesting! They would? But WHY should they? What is the matter here for these 'Assamese' Ram?
Don't they believe in the sanctity of the Indian Constitution that gives GoI the right toAssam's resources ?
Why do ' these Assamese' think they are not getting a "FAIR SHARE" of that "development" ?Is GoI such a mean and conniving entity to deprive the good citizenry of Assam its fair share?Are you implying something is the matter in GoI's ways of RE-DISTRIBUTING the loot ittakes away from the constituents of the Union?
Would that also imply that "these Assamese" do not trust the 'desi-demokrasy ' runningIndia to the ground to safeguard their interests?
*** If you think I missed it because of the ESL problem, you may
write it in Assamese. I won't feel insulted, honest! But then
again--never mind the Assamese! I am not into punishment you
know ?
c-da :-).
At 9:18 AM -0600 1/17/06, Ram Sarangapani wrote:
C'da,
>*** How is it that you expect STRAIGHT ANSWERS from me, but you all never answer the questions I ask.
Of course we answer your questions -straight. But now you are telling us that you really don't give straight answers - because you think we are not. :) :)
>That is inquisition, something I have no need to submit myself to
No, no, its not an inquisition, but just that we look up to your answers and get some sort of glimpse into that 'devilish' mind of yours :) :). You know its intriguing, to say the least.:)
>Still, being the generous man I am, I will answer what I feel like, when I feel like, OK?
Oh! C'da, we will wait. Its just that one day you go ga ga about sovereignty, and the next day you are profusely advocating reforms by negotiations. Just wanted to make sure that it is reforms, and that too within the union, that is being discussed. And that 'sovereignty' is not an issue any more as we have come to terms with ground realities, and know that dream is an impossibility.
--Ram
On 1/17/06, Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Ram:
>More later when we get some direct answers from you.
*** How is it that you expect STRAIGHT ANSWERS from me, but you all never answer the questions I ask.
That is inquisition, something I have no need to submit myself to. But I do sowith the hope of showing how incomplete and faulty your own visions and outlooks re:Assam are. It is an attempt at educating my fellow men.
But beggars can't be choosers, you know.
Still, being the generous man I am, I will answer what I feel like, when I feel like, OK?
c-da :-)
At 7:44 PM -0600 1/16/06, Ram Sarangapani wrote:
C'da,
I think now we are somewhat narrowing down what you are really advocating. But before we get to that, maybe you might give us a clue as to what your thinking is to to following:
Assuming GOI is bankrupt of ideas, goals, democratic institutions (you have many a time said so diretly), do you think:
Assam must become independent of India?
or do you think independence for Assam is virtually impossible, and so,
negotiations must continue?
Or do you think that insurgents and GOI keep at each other for eternity? (as they are doing now)
>"NOW" -- *I* NOW propose a negotiated settlement? ...
C'da you have said there ought to be a negotiated settlement, and that settlement should result in independence for Assam (the big sovereignity issue).
My question to you is very simple - since the GOI (from newspaper accounts last couple of weeks) is NOT interested in putting Sovereignity on the table, will you STILL support a negotiated settlement within the ambit of the Indian Constitution?
>If you are right, then we will have to conclude that 'these Assamese' are plagued by the same >concerns as THOSE OTHER Assamese seeking sovereignty--except that they are loathe to admit >it. Am I reading you wrong Ram ?
Yes you are. There are many Assamese who think they are Indian, and so far this 25+ years of coaxing and threats have not been able to change their minds. Many intelligent Assamese will tell you that chasing this pie-in-sky dream has only made Assam to be pushed back far Assam seems to be in direct competion to a state like Bihar.
More later when we get some direct answers from you.
--Ram
_______________________________________________ assam mailing list [email protected] http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org
