Are they (both) going to stop the killing and act like mature adults or keep saying like the typical 4 year olds - he started!!?

I agree that the ceasefire should be from both sides. I was shocked when some army chief said a few months ago that they were going to continue their operation - when there was an agreement to have the peace talk. Now we are shocked again! Or are we?

From: "Bartta Bistar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: assam@assamnet.org
Subject: [Assam] Unreached even by Alexander,today's Greece reports on Assam's resistance war.
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:01:23 +0000

Two Dead and 30 Injured

Bloody Clashes in Assam, India

http://news.ert.gr/en/newsDetails.asp?id=14509

23 Jan 2006 10:23:00

By Despina Hristopoulou    Å-mail        Print

Sources: BBC, ANA

Nine bomb attacks on Sunday night resulted in the death of two persons and the injuring of more then 30, as well as many problems in oil pipelines, in several regions of Assam, northeast of India. Responsibility of the attacks was claimed by the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA). Leader of ULFA Paresh Barua stated to BBC that they tried to start a dialogue with the Indian Government, however, the dialogue was insincere. "They have failed to restrain the army which continues to kill our boys. So we are retaliating." The police estimated that the ULFA rebels are trying to stir a commotion, a few days before the Indian Republic Day. The parade will take place on coming Thursday, the anniversary of the Indian Constitution, which was implemented in 1950.

Vast Damage to Pipelines

In the capital of Assam, Guwahati, two policemen were killed, when rebels raided the police patrol. In the same attack, another 11 policemen were injured. Moreover, 17 persons, among whom six policemen, were injured by hand grenade attacks, in the capital.

As per the police, the explosions caused vast damage in five oil pipelines and three power stations. Due to the attacks, the flow of crude oil was stopped in four refineries and damage caused to the operation of an oil refinery of Oil India. A spokesperson of the company stated that a long period of time is needed until damage is repaired.

In the meantime, ULFA, as well as another three revolutionary organisations, called on the citizens of Assam to join a strike on January 26, the Indian Republic Day.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE!