Dear Sathyashree, Keep doing your bit.Ravindran is too.Rintu is doing his-and 
chuckling.Every 2 legged ones need work-lots and lots -to keep all the rest: 
fed,clothed,housed,elevated.Work liberates MAN.Work never kills.Lack of work 
does-plenty. The British had different ideas when they were up against Child 
Labour.They needed"Clever ones to conquer the World". They also were the 
biggest slave labour traders.And  look at the Semi-slave ones they brought in 
to Assam.The Indian "Founding Fathers" who were told to copy and make " Our 
Sacred Constitution-which thou shalt never Change" did not dare to write above 
in.Now they make big business out of Sarva Siksha Mission,iit/iim/aiims----all 
good sources of money for pockets. And look at the devastation caused by 
AutoBahns,RiverLinking,RamSethu. Nearer home look at the devastation caused by 
57 years of National Embankment Policy. Take everything in -RationallyEnjoy 
your Child Welfare Work and  come back soon to your daughter. MukulDada 


Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 10:13:00 +0530From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL 
PROTECTED]: Re:CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dear Rintu,
 
Congratulations!! It is really nice to know that you have got the recognition 
you deserve. I am really happy to know that we are begining to open dailogue 
about national migration and refugee policies. let us take up this advocacy 
forward with appopriate lobbying. let me know if there is something I can do 
and further why ont you take up a research to suggest directions to making of 
the policies.... Right now I am sitting in the thick of a minning site in 
Hospet (karnataka) trying to talk to child labour in the mines.. 
 
Wish you the very best and assuring you of my solidarity
 
Lots of Love
Sathyasree 
On 9/23/07, Sanjiv Goswami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 

Dear Friends
 
Yes...it was a grand experience, specially since I am not an academic person. 
Getting an invitation from Melbourne University is for me, by itself, a great 
achievement, more so since it has been fully sponsored (partly by the 
University and party by others)   I am sure even Gauhati Univesity would not 
have invited me for their seminars as I am not an academic persons and do not 
occupy "senior" post......here of course they see what you have to say and 
whether it of relevance to them...does not matter who you are.  
 
Participants came from all over the world..Norway, USA, Singapore, Australia, 
China, India etc. I spoke about the immigration scenario, the extend of illegal 
immigration, how it has affected our democracy and in turn has affected 
development. I also threw light as to how the illegal immigration via Assam 
will in the decades to come affect the entire democratic fabric in India and 
affect development and social harmony and how as of today it is more dangerous 
than even the Kashmir scenario. I also threw light on the legal structure in 
this regard covering land laws, employment laws, IMDT Act, Citizenship Act 
(specially Sec 6A)  and how it is a strong and independent legal structure, 
properly implemented, that can go to strengthen democracy and development. I 
also mentioned that out of the three areas : land, employment and 
citizenship/immigration, the former two are under the state list but the Assam 
Government (meaning us) in the last 60 years have done nothing while the last 
one is with the Union Government and here they have at least done something. So 
why only blame the centre......I concluded by suggesting that there is the need 
for a national migration policy, a national refugee policy and the need to 
freeze the voters roll / have a correct voters roll and a need for a healthy 
cultural identity of the Assamese people without any "thopology"....I did use 
these terms and gave their english meanings as well. 
 
Anyway, many of the participants were interested in my talk, asked question 
about where these "guys" were, what will happen if theoretically they are 
deported, what is the detection and deportation procedure etc. Like Hemanta 
suggested, I did give an example of the Australian scenario but the moderator 
Prof. Ian Copland from Monash University cut me short saying it is too 
controversial a subject........ 
 
The Singur / Nandigram occurrences in Bengal is very recent...but can you 
believe it, the guy from Norway is actually doing a Ph.D. on the that from Oslo 
University and has come here to interact and debate on his findings.... 
 
Anyway, the University has pro0mised to publish the papers (including mine, of 
course) and they should soon be available in the Internet. So soon my CV will 
look different.
 
Take care and all the best.
 
Rintu 
On 22/09/2007, Dhruba Bora <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote: 

 Dear Rintu,
     I hope your presentation has been successfully over. It must be an unique 
experience for you.Pl. let me know what people asked about your paper.
 
           Dhruba 

Bring your gang together - do your thing. Start your group. 
-- Sanjiv Goswami30, Ambari Byelane, G.N.B.RoadBehind A.G.P. Head 
OfficeGuwahati - 781001, Assam, IndiaPhones :                 91-361-2512475 
(Res.)   91-99549-73747 (Mob., NE India)91-98830-94235 (Mob., Rest of India) -- 
Sathyasree GoswamiNo.174 KBAR StreetPost. Austin TownBangalore  560047 (India) 
Ph+919945090302 Res.08025553214 

Download the latest version of Windows Live Messenger NOW! Click here! 
_________________________________________________________________
Download the latest version of Windows Live Messenger NOW!
http://get.live.com/en-ie/messenger/overview
_______________________________________________
assam mailing list
[email protected]
http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org

Reply via email to