Not only worrisome & Troublesome but also hazardous.:)

  Mridul

Manoj Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  There is cause to worry..but with MRTS being planned in a grand scaale in
all metros and major cities, the cars on road will come down with time..
nevertheless it's worrisome and troublesome to drive on delhi roads- which
we do regularly..

On Feb 13, 2008 10:03 PM, Ram Sarangapani wrote:

> Here is slide show from the NYT.
> http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/01/10/world/20080111INDIA_index.html
>
> I'm afraid to think what the situation will be even in 5-10 years from
> now.
> Delhi alone adds 650 cars a day, and there are 5.4 million vehicles (NYT
> figures)
>
> and this (Highlights mine):
>
> "Officials in India's capital issued more than 300,000 driver's licenses
> last year, which could be seen as either a feat of bureaucratic efficiency
> or Indian ingenuity. *At one city licensing office this week, the test
> consisted of turning on the ignition and driving in a wide circle that
> took
> about a minute*." - NYT
>
> "Pedicabs and bicycles crowd the streets with cars during rush hour in
> the
> old city of Delhi. *Extra-loud horns are the new flavor in car
> accessories*,
> along with a horn that beeps automatically when a car backs up.
> *High-beams
> are also a popular option*, and not just for dark country roads." - NYT

Manoj Kumar Das
C 172 GF, Sarvodaya Enclave
New Delhi 17 India
0091 9312650558 (HP)