>  Loss of independent thinking while trying to copy the west is another.

*** Absolutely!

>  What do you think of the fact that India has
>maintained the ICS model for today's IAS?

*** This has many components.  One being the
inability to analyze, pinpoint and resolve
problems. Another being afraid of change. Yet
another being the  inability to forge "national"
unity among a  grossly fractured polity to muster
the political will to spearhead change. Add to
that the defective electoral system that prevents
people who are able and have integrity to enter
the political process; garbage-in-garbage out
process. And we can't downplay the fact of the
people's lack of information, dis-information and
ignorance of what constitutes  democracy and how
it is supposed to function as a government.

There may be more.