Just came back from the post office, where I went after an hour or so
of struggles to complete the customs declaration form via Fedex for
12 ozs. of documents, but failed and which was going to cost me $ 76 .

But US Overseas Express mail ( delivery in seven business days) did
NOT require any customs declaration for documents and cost just $ 27.
I even had the customs declaration form filled out before I
approached the postal clerk's window. He just tore that apart, as he
did the Certified Mail receipt.

That WAS a positively good experience at a govt. office :-).