Ram:

To give you a nasty  reply:

Do you think the questions you ask about permits, neighborhood's
apporval etc. have any merit in the context? What--have you become
American or something ?

How did the municipality land got to Sai Baban's? Good question Ram.
But not a smart one if you forgot what I mean.

>  >Why did the interested public not protest before the construction of the Sai
>Baba temple started?

I have been trying to educate you folks about that., But obviously
you don't learn do you?

>  >Lastly, why did the Sai Baba people want to build a temple right next to a
>historical site?

Take a wild guess!

>  >Lastly, why did the Sai Baba people want to build a temple right next to a
historical site?

Take another wild guess!

**** Bottom line Ram is this: These are structures of  Assam's
historical /archaeological heritage . The deserve not to be
desecrated by new construction within its visual bounds -- no matter
dedicated to what god/s , no matter how beautiful. It is a matter of
cultural aesthetics, something our people need a ahuge amount of
educating on.

Incidentally, when I become the Emperor of Xiboxagor, one of the
first things I will do  will be to tear down that horrible water tank
that was built rifght near the Xibo-doul, nearly a quarter century
back.

*** The Texan Mosque v/s the Church  is an issue of religious
bigotries on the part of the Church-wallas.
The Moswquewallas got the permit obviously because it is an area
zoned for Places of Worship.  So the Zoning authorities  were not at
fault. When the dispute goes to litigation, I would bet you a dollar
the Mosque-wallas will win. Exactly similar thing happened right here
in St. Louis, TWICE. Both the times the Mosques got built.

c-da :-)