Modaar lumber is  considered 'elaagi kaath' or "aawkathi" (of little
use), because it is very soft. When it dies the center of the tree or
the branches become almost hollow. Even as a firewood it is not
considered desirable, because it produces much smoke when burning,
possibly due to trapped moisture in the highly porous wood. When dry
it is also fairly light in weight.

Since nobody built 'dhwl's , Bihu or otherwise, in the surroundings
we grew up, we never heard of its usefulness for 'dhwl' making.  Good
to know it has some use.

I hope it is not being mistaken for 'ximolu kaath', which too is soft
and light in weight. But it is highly sought after for match-stick
making and also for packing-box plywood making. The large diameter
and tall, branchless trunk produces good veneer for plywood.
Similarly for another large diameter and very tall 'elaagi kaath'
"sotiyona" , which too is soft, light weight and sought after for
plywood making and for packing-crate making.