The Chicago convention host committee requested me to forward the invitation to
Assamnet.
The details are in the email below.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Assam Convention 2011 Host Committee <assamconvention2...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:04 PM
Subject: Invitation to Assam Convention 2011 in Chicago

Dear Friends,

The Host Committee of Assam Convention 2011 is delighted to invite you all to
the 32nd Assam Convention to be held at Chicago, Illinois from July 1-3, 2011.
We, the residents of Chicago, are looking forward to your wholesome
participation.  Come prepared to have a great time.  With your dance, music and
applause we strive to create the ambience of Assam’s traditions in joyous
expressions of song, skit and dance.  As we roll out the red carpet, we invite
not only the Assamese diaspora in North America, Europe and beyond, but our
honored and loved ones visiting this country during that time.

We are planning an entrancing agenda for you. Renowned performers, Zubeen Garg
and Zublee Baruah from Ai Asom will be our featured artistes, along with our
bevy of accomplished favorites, talented children and youth. The pitter patter
of dancing feet and the lilting voices of performers will definitely ring in
your ears for a long time.  This is your annual opportunity to water your
cultural roots, take pleasure in our rich heritage, nurture old friendships,
and create memories.

We have arranged a lovely hotel for you, nestled amongst scenic woods and
golfing greens, an oasis just a few miles away from the musical attractions,
architecture, museums and culinary delights of downtown Chicago. We hope that
you will stay awhile to savor our city after the convention.  Do plan early and
let us know so that your stay will be pleasant and smooth.

Here is what you need to do:
- Visit our website www.assamconventionusa.com
- Register for the Convention - either through the website or call Gautam
Baruah (732-822-7884) ; Dipak Kalita (847-971-9110)
- Book Hotel- Discounted rates available 3 days prior and post the event dates
of 7/1 to 7/3/2011.
- Participate in cultural program and children's programs
- Join Chorus & Dance competitions and fashion show.
- For participation in above activities, either apply through website or call
our cultural committee: Ankur Goswami (847-873-3666); Enakshi Baruah
(732-822-7937); Roopa Sharma (630-779-3066)

Please feel free to forward this email to any member of the Assamese Community
in North America, whom we may have missed.

If you have any questions please contact Gautam Baruah (732-822-7884) ; Dipak
Kalita (847-971-9110).

Connect through Facebook for recent developments:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=198314876862586.

With best wishes and regards,
Host committee - Assam Convention 2011.