From: Wahid Saleh - Indiawijzer <w.sa...@indiawijzer.nl>
Subject: RE: [NorthEastIndia] Re: [Assam Society] First English book on
Sankardev launched . (The Telegraph,11.05.2012)
To: "'Gautam Choudhury'" <gautam...@yahoo.co.in>
Cc: "Dr. Sanjib Kumar Borkakoti" <drsanjib.borkak...@gmail.com>,
edi...@atributetosankaradeva.org, "Dr. Buljit Buragohain" <bul...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 21 May, 2012, 1:55 PM

Dear Mr. Choudhury,
Namaskar,
My name is Wahid Saleh. Originally I am from Jorhat and since 1963 I live in
Europe. Since 1968 The Netherlands is my Karmabhumi and my second motherland. I
am a follower of your articles and postings on the net.
            You have my full support for brining to the notice of the
net-public that the title of the article published in the Telegraph is wrong
[http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120511/jsp/northeast/story_15475149.jsp ].
Being in Europe for a long time I might not have the right baggage to
participate in this discussion. In English they say “Fools rush in where angels
fear to tread”. But if I am not mistaken some of the books on Sankardeva
published in English are:

1.      Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva  by Dr. Sanjib Kumar Borkakoty, 2005
http://books.google.nl/books/about/Mahapurusha_srimanta_Sankaradeva.html?id=7XfXAAAAMAAJ&redir_esc=y

2.      Sankaradeva, his life, preachings, and practices: a historical
biography  Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa IAS, 2003
http://books.google.nl/books/about/Sankaradeva_his_life_preachings_and_prac.html?id=ITkqAAAAYAAJ&redir_esc=y

3.      Sankaradeva, the Great Vaishnava Saint of India Kanak Chandra Deka  1982
http://www.atributetosankaradeva.org/research_books_eng.txt
4.      Sankardeva and his Times  dr. Maheswar Neog 1965
http://books.google.nl/books?id=5Q8hAAAAMAAJ&hl=nl&source=gbs_similarbooks
5.      Sankardeva: Vaisnava Saint of Assam  Dr. Birinchi Kumar Barua 1960
http://books.google.nl/books?id=Gg4QAQAAIAAJ&q=4.%09Sankardeva:+Vaisnava+Saint+of+Assam&dq=4.%09Sankardeva:+Vaisnava+Saint+of+Assam&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=i_a5T4K2Fcjd8gOYrfmlAg&sqi=2&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA
6.       Sankardeva: a study  Hara Mohan Das  1945
http://books.google.nl/books/about/Sankardeva.html?id=1pNHAAAAMAAJ&redir_esc=y
7.      Life and Teachings of Sankardeva By Dr. Banikanta Kakati 1921

Sanjib (Dr. Sanjib Kumar Borkakoty) also compiled a list of important Books and
Articles about Life, Works and Philosophy of Srimanta Sankaradeva.
http://sankaradeva.com/blogs/46

Warm regards,

Wahid Saleh
Chrysantenhof 33
2651 XJ  Lansingerland
The Netherlands

The Dutch site for India related information
Coming together is a beginning | Keeping together is progress | Working
together is success.