http://www.easternchronicle.net/index.php?city=2
<http://www.easternchronicle.net/index.php?city=2&edition=10112015>
&edition=10112015#

In the Eastern Chronicle of today I came across the news item that FASS
International felicitates satradhikar Bhubaneswar Mahanta. This is
encouraging news.

I know of Friends of Assam and Seven Sisters (FASS) is officially registered
at Katy, USA under IRS, EIN number 26-2882430.
One can check this information at http://tinyurl.com/qdfhkz5

This is also mentioned in their Internet site.

But if I want to locate the official registration of FASS International, I
fail to locate it. One of the search results give 115 Hits including Friends
of Assam and Seven Sisters. But not Friends of Assam (FASS) International.

I also know that "Friends of Assam and Seven Sisters" was formally
registered under Societies Registration Act, XXI of 1860 at Guwahati. The
Certificate of Registration with the registration number RS/KAM/240/A-5/928
of 2006 issued on 30-12-2006. This is an independent body without any
official affiliation with FASS USA.

In July 2010 one of the office bearers of FASS Guwahati informed that FASS
is registered under GoI Societies Registration Act and did not take any
affiliation or recognition from any international body.

Both FASS registered in Katy, USA and FASS registered at Guwahati are
official recognised organisations.

But what about FASS International?

.         The internet site <http://www.friendsofassam.org/>   of FASS is
not updated for a very long time. There is no mention of FASS international
in their website except in their application form
<http://www.friendsofassam.org/Memberregistration.aspx> . One can only apply
for membership of FASS International and not for FASS.

.         The last news letter
<http://www.friendsofassam.org/newsletter/MITRO27.pdf>  which one can access
is from June 2011.

.         As far as I know FASS Rehabri, Guwahati address as mentioned in
the application has moved to another address.

.         The last publication made by FASS as mentioned in the site is the
Souvenir issue <http://www.friendsofassam.org/NEIIM2010Souvenir.htm>  also
from 2010,

It would be helpful if FASS International circulates some information about
itself or gives the link to a website where one can access updated
information. Is there anywhere information available about the number of
members with a breakdown per country and name of the office bearers?

Warm regards,

Wahid