As an Assamese we proudly say that Majuli is the biggest river-island in the
world. It might have been once upon a time. But due to different reason every
year we are offering a part of Majuli to Brahmaputra. I have come across
information on the internet announcing that Majuli is no longer the largest
river-island in the world.

1.   According to World Island Information Majuli is the 7th largest
river-island in the world

         http://www.worldislandinfo.com/MISINFORMATION.htm

2.      Wikipedia mentions that Marajó island of Brasil is the largest
river-island of the world.
 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maraj%C3%B3>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maraj%C3%B3

Marajó is an island located at the mouth of the Amazon River in Brazil. It is
part of the state of Pará. Marajó is the largest fluvial island in the world,
and the second largest island in South America. With a land area of 40,100
square kilometres (15,500 sq mi) Marajó is comparable in size to Switzerland.
It is approximately 295 kilometres (183 mi) long and 200 kilometres (120 mi)
wide

This is also mentioned by Britannica.
 <http://www.britannica.com/place/Marajo-Island>
http://www.britannica.com/place/Marajo-Island