PPFA hails SC ruling on playing National Anthem in theatre hall

Guwahati: Patriotic People’s Front Assam (PPFA) welcomes the ruling of
the Supreme Court of India for playing the National Anthem in all
cinema halls across the country before the screening of a movie.
The nationalist peoples’ forum also expresses happiness over the
verdict, which asks the audience in theatre halls to rise when the
anthem is played and the National Flag be shown on the screen.
It may be mentioned that the apex court on 30 November also directed
the Centre that the order should be given effect in a week's time and
be circulated to all the States and Union Territories. The verdict
clarified that ‘there should not be any dramatization of the anthem
and it should not be printed or displayed on undesirable objects’.
“We used to stand up and pay respect to the National Anthem in cinema
halls few decades back. It was a proud moment for every patriotic
audience and we hope those days will surface again in our country. For
any reason, the mentality to show disrespect to the National Anthem
and the Tricolour must be condemned,” said a statement issued by Rupam
Barua, Nava Thakuria, Jagadindra Raychoudhury, Anup Sarma, Pranab Kr
Sarma, Tarali Chakrabarty etc for PPFA.