https://www.facebook.com/drsanjib.borkakoti

https://thecrosscurrent.in/assam-scholars-harvard-university-claim-turns-out-to-be-a-hoax-raises-several-pressing-questions/?fbclid=IwAR1-66NGKOl8Wa250GwAVnZoUzQZfRjgxwl3XDScrpmCNsVigUn37AUU0bs

https://thecrosscurrent.in/1381-2/

https://www.facebook.com/TheCrossCurrent/videos/661039284743858/

     On Tuesday, 5 May, 2020, 09:54:15 pm IST, Buljit Buragohain via Assam
<assam@lists.assamnet.org> wrote:

 Assam scholar’s essay on saint-reformer Srimanta Sankardeva in Harvard course
material

SPECIAL CORRESPONDENTGUWAHATI, MAY 04, 2020

Sanjib Kumar Borkakoti, an industrial economist based in central Assam’s
Nagaon, has been a researcher of medieval Assamese literature and various
aspects of Sankari culture steeped in the variant of Vaishnavism that
Sankaradeva propagated
An Assamese scholar’s essay on 15th-century saint-reformer Srimanta Sankaradeva
has been included as part of the course material for the Harvard University’s
Department of Religion.

Sanjib Kumar Borkakoti, an industrial economist based in central Assam’s
Nagaon, has been a researcher of medieval Assamese literature and various
aspects of Sankari culture steeped in the variant of Vaishnavism that
Sankaradeva propagated.

A decade ago, he had uploaded his essay ‘Unique features of Srimanta
Sankaradeva’s religious philosophy Vivaratanvâda: Comparison with other
Sanâtana Hindu philosophies’ on a blog dedicated to the saint-reformer who was
also a scholar, poet and playwright.

“I am not sure for how long Harvard University’s Department of Religion has
been using the essay that was in the public domain. But I found out last week
when the university uploaded a part of the treatise as Religion S-1010 probably
because of pandemic-related online dissemination of course,” Dr. Borkakoti told
The Hindu from Nagaon, about 125 km east of Guwahati.

“Except for the Jawaharlal Nehru University from where I did my post-graduation
in 1983, Indian universities do not use acknowledged scholastic works as study
material unlike Harvard or other Western universities,” said the 60-year-old
Associate Professor of Economics at Nagaon’s A.D.P. College.

Sankaradeva was born in Nagaon district’s Batadrava, also spelt Bordowa, in
September 1449. He lived for 119 years and died at Bheladonga, now in West
Bengal’s Cooch Behar district.

According to Dr. Borkakoti, who has written several books on Sankaradeva, the
saint-reformer founded a new Vaishnavite order within Hinduism.

“I named his philosophy Vivartanavâda as it facilitates the elevation of the
creature from the primary dual state to the non-dual state of identity with
Brahma. There are eight distinct features of this philosophy,” Dr. Borkakoti
said.

Harvard’s Department of Religion, he added, offered a range of religious
traditions from ancient Zoroastrian tradition to modern Christian liberation
movements, Islamic and Jewish philosophies, Buddhist social movements and Hindu
arts and culture.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/assam-scholars-essay-on-saint-reformer-srimanta-sankardeva-in-harvard-course-material/article31498165.ece?fbclid=IwAR1ouYnjB4k9L1Va6AlGW_Z8xRQ3J0kQIjp3NpWv95Og0JaHtGfJbqsLIeE

https://www.coursehero.com/file/43028124/unique-features-Sankaradeva-religious-philosophydoc/?fbclid=IwAR2xinLBzRlNGfGZmR-h1wwzNaKDNygFXsD3dx38RqnA4vU8OHnO01eS-8M

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sankaradeva/

https://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2020/may/04/assam-scholars-essay-on-saint-reformer-sankaradeva-enters-harvard-curriculum-2139041.html?fbclid=IwAR2EBCx6zkYFzbRZdhauGFB75Nsd_5H95NVx_2jfdAqGM1S7GdpfH3CnmIU