At 4:29 PM -0600 11/26/02, Alpana B. Sarangapani wrote:

>I am not being caustic or anything, C'da. But who do you blame for this,
>the Central government? Is it any better in any other states? or even in
>Delhi - honest questions, honest!! :)

*** Hi A:

I would give you an answer if I had one.

My own experiences in Mumbai earlier this year certainly were not anything
to write home about. And that in the high rent district. I stayed in the
same high-rise building that one of the country's topmost corporations' CEO
lives in as my host, at Colaba, overlooking the bay; from where I attempted
to log in.

But be that as it may, it would be very reasonable to expect that Assam is
a whole lot worse off than Mumbai might be. I attempted twice to log into
my mail server from an internet cafe in PanBazar. On each attempt the
sessions of struggle lasted over 10 minutes. Neither time could I get thru.

But they took my money. Told me my 'server' must be having a problem.

c-da