a simple anwer will be on 'humanitarian grounds'.

and a complex? one will be hindus are always harmless, humble and open-minded, - even though some of them go to extremes, after all they "originally belonged" to them hindus. :)

Seriously, who with a normal mind, would want to see innocent/ordinary people dying for a hidden agenda, or a business/financial plan of some people behind the scene?