Hi Jaydeep,

I am awaiting my US univ admission results for PhD/DEd - after applying in December 03 and Jan 04 . I had taken the GRE gen (V=630, Q=790) and Toefl (290) in Nov 2003 and Test of spoken english (TSE = 50 /60) in Jan 04.

I think that with your BE back ground you surely can score much more in quant. section. may I suggest that you prepare well again and again take the tests and even TSE (useful for funding -Teaching Asistantships)

You can go thru the suggesstions I gave to my friends in Nov) in the following links
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg07338.html:

http://pikespeak.uccs.edu/pipermail/assam/2003-November/003741.html

u could also think of purchasing software of Rs895/- from www.grebible.com based at Chennai, besides downloading Test prep software from the Net on the exam websites.

I suggest u purchase some Grammar book(s)  for ex. Wren and Martin
of S. Chand publishers or Intermediate English Grammar by Mr Corder of Orient Longman.

I may also suggest u buy some Barrons or other guide book -just to get some more wrtten info on test prep.

Speed in reading comprehension is very important --u have only 2-3 minutes to read a pasage of 300-600 words -u know as u have already appeared once. So read thrillers, history books, any damn book on various tpoics to get into the habit of grasping the contents fast.

For maths - may i also suggest u purchase some good book on arithmetic problems say --R.S. Agarawal by S. Chand publishers and also do speed Maths -- of +, -, *  under timed conditions (for ex. 10 ques of the type 4+6= , then 10 like 4-3= , then 10 like 4*6= --------all these 30 questions in under 30 seconds)

I think u have lot of time. There is a saying that if u have 8 hours to cut wood then use 6 hours in sharpening the axe.  So prepare well and remember "God is in details". Take all the tests by Oct end --do mainatain a gap of atleast 15 days between them --I made the mistake of having only a week's gap

So long. Best wishes.

Umesh

PS = I think all univs do mention somewhere in their website about the average scores of the students admitted. But remember that to get scholarship or other types of funding (TAs) u must score much higher than the average marks mentioned -unless ofcourse u are a millionare (in dollar terms)
u wrote:
Hi group,
  This is Jaydeep Chokshi From Nagpur(IND).
I've taken GRE Gen exam and got score Q:640 and V:380 also got score
in TOEFL(220).
Now i'm in great dilema that in which universities should i apply.
I'm currently in BE final semester in Computer Eng. and wanting to
get admission in US uni. in MS computer Eng. or Computer Sci.

U can also mail me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            Hoping for favourable reply,

                                              from,
                                         jaydeep chokshi