In India a) there are hardly any women (in comparison with China) in the service industry -

**** Could it be because of the fact that those rare few who ARE in it, have terrible things to say about their lot--that they become targets of unwanted advances from men customers?

*** Could it also be that because of the above, it becomes a stigma for them?
Heads I win, tails you lose proposition?