Title: Re: [Assam] Dialects of Assam: Classification in two ways
Why do you have to get so inquisitive A :-)?

Actually Jokaisuk is a mythical 'muluk', from which both Tilok Daktor and myself, as well as a host of other kharkhowas can and do hail. Since Tilok and I think a lot alike on many issues, except that he is the 'expart' shrinkologist, while I am the wannabe, instead of attempting to promote our own 'muluk' or bhelez or xotro, we both use the generic equivalent that is Jokaisuk.

Does that clear it up A :-)?

c-da

At 12:43 PM -0500 8/17/05, Alpana B. Sarangapani wrote:
>*** This is very common in Jokaisuk as well. We grew up speaking
>like that .

That is why I think there are more words from lower Assam, Guwahati - to be precise, in 'likhito Oxomiya' than from upper Assam.
BTW, I thought Tilok was from Jokaisuk and you were from Namti. Is Namti called Jokaisuk in kothito bhaxa? :)