Hi Chandan-da: yes, I remember sending you a mail thinking you to be 'the' chandan da (also Mahanta), who was in JNU and is now with the IIT-Guwahati. Thanks for your wishes.

Rajen-da: Before Jadav can introduce NE Sun to you, let me write a few things about it. It is a fortnightly magazine from New Delhi, and covers all kinds of news from NE India, written mostly by freelance journalists located in some of the remotest parts - which I think is the best thing about this magazine. Simply because some of the writings may not be the best of English, but you get to know about events of all kinds (political/cultural/environment/wildlife etc etc) from all across NE India. I have fond memories about NE Sun as I was among the few aspiring journalists from Guwahati who had written for NE Sun from its probably second or third issue onwards for about two years. Unfortunately, the magazine is not available on the Net. You might be surprised to know that quite a few English magazines, though all small time ventures, are getting published from various places of NE now (Guwahati/Shillong/Dimapur) covering the NE in more or less the same lines as NE Sun.

- Utpal