The problem is not referencing data with the instruction cache line, it is
modifying data.  A line (256 bytes) can be in both the I-cache and D-cache
as long as it is not modified.

There can be a savings in the total number of cache lines used if the code
area is aligned on a 256-byte boundary and the literals and constants are
similarly aligned.  But any performance improvement from that effort would
only be seen in a heavily loaded system and it would be impossible to
measure with everything else going on.

David Bond