"Please stay in touch and let us know how you are proceeding."

I completed the program. I can now drive a flash copy of our IMS system
using the messages extracted from the production IMS log, and requeued via
MQ/OTMA, also checking the output messages produce matche what is expected.

This means I can regression test, or performance test our mainframe 'SOA'
workload, which has been next to impossible to do up to now. I also don't
need the off mainframe systems to do it.
This will be very useful for testing new releases of z/os, IMS, DB2 and MQ
before we hit development.

It's not often I get a chance to do any programming, but I found this very
enjoyable. The 64 bit instructions are very handy, but I must confess I
really liked the 'LAY' - so useful to be able to use neg offsets.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions.

Joe