On 6/1/2011 10:21 AM, Edward Jaffe wrote:
VTAM schedules only one exit at a time. It's amazing how many
people erroneously
believe that this implies a restriction on IRB scheduling in
general. Do they
imagine that STIMER[M] exits can't run while a VTAM exit is in
control (or vice
versa)? Would a STIMER[M] issued by the VTAM exit itself not
work as expected?
Pondering such questions for a few moments should expose the
folly of this thinking.

Some years ago I was asked to do maintenance on an ISV's
package. While I found dozens of errors, one 0Cx was due to a
LOGON and a non-VTAM exit triggering at the same time, using the
same save area. What is more interesting, that program had been
on the market in active use since the early seventies.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT