A great figure in 20th-Century philosophy, Isaiah Berlin, wrote that

No doctrine of originality and power in human affairs appears to me
ever to have got into the common consciousness of man unless it was to
some extent exaggerated.

This language is, of course, too exalted for the issue at hand; but
traditional BRD coding idioms do need to be discarded/rooted out; and
enthusiasts like you will help to get the job done.

A very long time ago I wrote a routine to invert symmetric matrices in
LISP.  It worked, limpingly; and it taught me that LISP is not really
a good vehicle for non-trivial matrix algebra.  My point here is of
course that your excesses, if any, will teach you things; they will be
self-correcting.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA