On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 06:52:23 -0700 Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>
wrote:

:>On 2/13/2012 3:49 AM, Thomas Berg wrote:
:>> Why not code: DC X'00'  ?

:>> (Just a curious amateur in asm)

:>Well, the following instruction will be on an
:>odd boundary, for one.

Not unless there is some weird assembler option that allows that. I do not
think NOALIGN will do that.

On the other hand, following it with

    LABEL    EQU   *

will cause LABEL to be on an odd boundary. But branch instructions referring
to it should get assembly errors as well.

http://www.dissensoftware.com