(Reminder: this list is for questions about the assembler and use of it,
not about the behavior of z/OS system services.
IBM-Main would be a much better place to ask such questions.)

>but only if the system determines that the RB is dispatchable.
>Am I to understand that the TCB needs to be in a WAIT state ?

No, there is no necessary correlation between 'dispatchable" and "WAIT".
Consider a task that is running, then gets interrupted for a time slice.
It is still dispatchable.
It is just not running, waiting for its next opportunity to be dispatched.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design