There's this thing we call irony...  check it out, you might like it.

On 1/8/2014 22:37, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:
At 10:56 +0000 on 01/08/2014, Mike Kerford-Byrnes wrote about SI
units and such:

A few years ago I attempted to purchase 225 yards of water pipe from a
plumbing merchant, only to be told (in no uncertain terms) that only
metric
lengths were available.  Somewhat chastened, I mentally converted and
asked
for 200 metres of water pipe.  The response?

"Half inch or three-quarters?"

I see no problem with the question. The pipe is still made in half
and three-quarter diameters (not metric diameters) since it is a
standard item and needs to work with older fittings/etc. The lengths
however have switched over to metric lengths.

MKB