How bizarre.  I assumed that the RXE->RXY transition was fundamental, and
RXE-format was completely superseded.

The -10 version of PoOp still shows RXE format for BFP instructions.  There
are a couple of odd DFP instructions that are documented as RXE, but DFP is
mostly register-only.  HFP of course, retains the historic RX-format
op-codes, and evidently never added *Y forms.

If I was interested enough, I think I'd test if the assembler agrees, and
also coerce an RXY-format ADB or something to see what happens.

There are RXY versions of LD (LDY), and STD (STDY), so I suppose this is a
fairly academic issue.  It's certainly not going to be a concern with my
limited usage of FP.

sas

--
sas