The " Compare and swap and double store" function of PLO?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of John McKown
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2017 15:32
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Transactional Execution - anybody used it?

I'm just curious. I don't, personally, have any need for it at present. I can
envision some need for it, such as "atomically" incrementing one variable by
some amount and decrementing another by that same amount (like
DB2 does within an SQL transaction). Or maybe updating a double linked list to
remove a node.

I tried to see if there were any Redbooks about it, but my searches didn't find
anything.

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient.
It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

 CSC - This is a PRIVATE message - If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in
delivery.  NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind
the Company to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for
such purpose.